Magic is easy, once you know the secret. At least that is what my husband, Marshall Brodien, always says. And life is like that too. If you know the secrets of life, it is so much easier.
In fact, there are several principles of magic that can be applied to life. Here are a few life-lessons I’ve learned from magic:
- What appears to be very mysterious often is quite simple.
- There are a whole lot of things going on around you that you don’t see.
- Some people intentionally misdirect your attention from what’s important.
- Every industry has a personality and magicians are no different. Actually, they are very different.
- You don’t need to know how everything works. Sometimes it’s best to relax and enjoy the show.
- Some careers are more fun than work.
- You don’t have to accept the “cards” forced upon you.
- Even when the magic doesn’t go as planned, you must keep moving on with the show.
- No matter how talented or industrious you are, your audience may not applaud you.
- Your presentation is more important than your ability.
©Mary K. Doyle
(Photo by Stephanie Maury. Used with permission.)